Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Cookies




While in Kansas Gweener experienced several firsts in her short life. She fell down the stairs for the first (and second, and third) time; rode a go-kart, wore goggles...but most importantly, had her first cookie (well, I think, I'm not sure what Jen does when my back is turned, and I don't totally trust her:).
She found the cookie drawer at her grandparents' house and every afternoon you would hear the pitter-patter of her feet running into the kitchen, a drawer sliding open, the crinkling of a plastic bag, drawer sliding shut, and little feet running away (repeating every couple of minutes). I'm pretty sure that drawer has changed her life, since she has a Nazi of a mom who doesn't give her treats like that at home. I guess that's just one more reason for her to love getting out of town.

3 comments:

McLove said...

hahhaha! She should come stay at Auntie Shelie's house! I will supply her with some good goodies!

bonny with a Y said...

i would have never thought of you as a nazi mom - veeerrry interesting.

Jolene said...

First cookie!?! Wow, she must get fed really well. I agree with bonny's comment. Cookie was one of Beckham's first words. Seriously.