Sunday, April 19, 2009

Retreat!!!!!

Work retreat.
Due to the bad economy, Ryan's firm was able to get into an awesome hotel for their retreat this weekend. Gwen and I went up Saturday to swim in the pool and enjoy the beauty that is Pasadena (and no sarcasm, I was honestly surprised with how nice this area was, kind of reminded us of NJ - big shady trees and quiet neighborhood). After Ryan was treated to a relaxing massage at one of the top 10 spas in the nation, he took over Gweener duty and listened to her cry in the room for an hour (undoing all that pampering, don't want him to get too spoiled) before she finally took a nap for another hour and a half. This gave me the chance to get my burn on poolside. Not only did he make a happy wife, but impressed his boss who now thinks he deserves the father/husband of the year award. Oh honey...

7 comments:

RachelAA said...

Oh I love it - and Pasadena... one of my favorite places really! Actually we are headed there this afternoon for a wedding and I am so excited. And lying out by the pool Becca - MY FAV... sounds like a good time overall :)

McLove said...

Good times;) Wish I could have been laying out next to you like in Hawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii:)

Rob said...

I can't wait for parenting tips from Ryan.

Tom & Allie said...

LOVE pasadena! Totally reminds me of NJ! Best kept secret of LA!

bonny with a Y said...

Pasadena is a beautiful town - although I try to avoid it in the summer - toooo hot. I grew up in Monrovia - a little town nearby. And Ryan should def milk the super dad angle. :)

Martha P. Corson said...

You two are a great team, generating happiness all around, and Gwennie makes # three of that kind! Hugs to all!

McLove said...

Have I ever told you that your blog name is my favorite:) I just love it. R n B was great too:) Any good ones for me?