Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hawaii

We went to Hawaii before Ryan started his first "lawyering" job - they told him not to expect many vacations after he started so we figured it was a good time to take off somewhere super-fun and awesome. We went with some some friends (Scott, Shellie and baby Avery) from Pepperdine and it was a great vacation - except that somehow we managed to get our baby severely sunburned while wearing sunscreen, under a beach umbrella and had to adjust our trip accordingly. It was kind of funny (in a way) to take her into the Kahuku Hospital ER where they gave her a pink wrist bracelet and some ointment. I'd driven by that building probably 10,000 times when I lived there and hadn't ever made my way inside - it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be - though it did end up costing us an arm and a leg in hospital bills - worth it for the peace of mind it gave us though.

Much mahalos to Dan and Jonna for lending us their "2nd bedroom" for a whole week. We loved hanging out with you guys - it had definately been a loooong time. (By the way, hope you don't mind, we've been spreading rumors that Gwen inspired your upcoming bundle of joy.)

2 comments:

Brittanny said...

Dang girl, you are SO skinny after having a baby! You guys look so good. I'm glad you have started to post to your blog. I'm excited to catch up with what you guys are up to. Oh and you should have already got an invitation to my blog. If not let me know
brittannybabs@yahoo.com
Britt

RachelAA said...

Hottest mom EVER!!!!!!!!!!!